6.1 You may be asked to give us personal information when you visit this website. It is your option to provide the information requested, but if you choose not to, we may not be able to make the full benefits of this website available to you. If you give us personal information, that information will be maintained in accordance with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993.
6.2 Armstrong Motor Group may use the personal information collected on this website for the following purposes:
– to enable the features of the Website, to improve the Website by determining which of our products, features and services are most popular, and to personalise the experience of the users of the Website;
– to establish, maintain and improve our customer relationship with you and provide you with offers, incentives, marketing programs or promotional material about us and our automotive products and services, such as brochures and newsletters;
– to more effectively market to you our vehicles, vehicle parts, accessories and services by better understanding your automotive product and service needs and preferences;
– to improve the automotive products and services we offer through market and product analysis, customer surveys conducted by us or third parties and participation in market research studies conducted by third parties;
– to compile aggregate data for internal and external business purposes and generate and review reports and data about our customer and service usage patterns;
– to provide you with individual customer care, assist in administering your vehicle purchase, lease, warranty, any extended service plan, Roadside Assistance, or ongoing vehicle service, including advising you of any product recalls or customer notifications with respect to your vehicle, arranging for our retailers to obtain required vehicles and parts on a timely basis to meet your needs;
– to arrange for or provide you with services you request and respond to your comments, concerns or requests for information;
– to provide you with offers and information about related automotive products offered by others which we think may be of interest to you; and
– to communicate with you, as permitted by law, and to inform you about our and third parties’ products, services, events and general special offers.
We may also use your personal information for other purposes which are disclosed to you, and to which you consent (whether expressly or by implication by providing us with your personal information with knowledge of how we intend to use it), or to meet our legal obligations.
We may also collect and use your personal information without your consent for purposes that are permitted by applicable law, including but not limited to meeting our legal obligations, assisting in the investigation of a breach of an agreement or a law, assisting in law enforcement purposes, and protecting our and our customers’ business interests.
6.3 The information may be stored, processed and, if necessary to achieve one or more of the purposes set out in clause 6.2, passed onto: (i) other entities within or associated to Armstrong Motor Group and to our and their affiliates, agencies, suppliers, and licensees; (ii) Jaguar Land Rover Limited and its affiliated or associated companies, and to the suppliers, dealers, agents, and licensees of Jaguar Land Rover Limited and its affiliates or associated companies; (iii) Motorcorp Distributors Limited and its affiliated or associated companies and to the suppliers, dealers, agents, and licensees of Motorcorp Distributors Limited and its affiliated or associated companies; (iv) any other entities with which we have directly or indirectly arranged services on your behalf, (in each case, a “Permitted Recipient”). A Permitted Recipient of your personal information shall only be entitled to use your personal information as required for the purposes for which it was provided to them. If a Permitted Recipient is in a jurisdiction outside of New Zealand, the information held by that Permitted Recipient may be subject to that jurisdiction, including access requests from government, courts, or law enforcement in that jurisdiction.
6.4 The information collected through this website is stored and controlled in New Zealand by Armstrong Motor Group (and its related parties), The European Motors Group of companies (including European Financial Services) and Motorcorp Distributors Limited and in the United Kingdom by Jaguar Land Rover Limited.
6.6 All information collected on this website that is not expressly disclosed by you will be held and used on an anonymous basis. Armstrong Motor Group may track your website usage for the purpose of collecting information relating to your access to, and use of, this website using “cookies”. A cookie is a small data file that the website may write to your computer’s hard drive to keep records of your website usage, and to authenticate that you are permitted to use the website. You can disable cookies at any time by turning them off in your browser. However, you may not be able to access some areas of the website and/or some areas of the website may not function properly if you do so.
6.7 Armstrong Motor Group will endeavor to ensure that the personal information you provide is kept confidential between entities within or associated to Armstrong Motor Group, except where required by law or as permitted under clause 6.2 and clause 6.3. However, Armstrong Motor Group will not be responsible for any breaches of security caused by third parties and does not represent that the website is completely secure.
6.8 You may request access to any readily retrievable information held about you and, where that information is inaccurate, ask for it to be corrected.