Every Oil Change Service will receive a free Air Conditioning Check and report on:
• Cabin Filter Inspection
• Temperature at Interior Outlets, by Digital Thermometer
• Compressor Drive Belt Condition
• General System Assessment
It has been quite cold over the past few months. You may think your car air-con is cold but wait until summer hits, you’ll probably find that your air-con isn’t as cold. So don’t get caught out this summer! Book in now and beat the summer rush.
Does your vehicle have a nasty smell?
Get rid of those horrible smells. Now Armstrong’s has a bacterial treatment to carry out this service and only takes 40 minutes to perform.
If the vehicle needs a Full Air Conditioning Service, we will let you know. This Service costs approximately $185.00. It includes a vacuum leak test, Re=gas of the system using the correct amount of lubricating oil, test at the interior vents of how low the temperature is and checking the compressor drive belt to ensure good service over the summer.
3 Signs Your Vehicle Air Conditioner Needs Repair
Even with the colder temperatures in Dunedin, it is a good idea to give some thought to your vehicle’s air conditioner. Throughout the winter months it is important to still run the air conditioner for about 10 minutes each week, so that you help keep the system running better. It will make a big difference when the weather warms up and you want to rely on it keep you cool as you get around town.
There are three signs that you may want to keep in mind when it comes to your vehicle’s air conditioner. If your vehicle starts showing any of these three signs, then there is a good change you need to have it professionally inspected and repaired:
1. Not cooling like it should. Your vehicle’s air conditioner should obviously cool things off. If you have a larger vehicle it may take a few minutes, but you should still feel some cold air coming out of the vents. If it is no longer blowing out cold air, or it doesn’t seem as cool as it once was, you probably need to have it inspected to see if a repair is needed.
2. There’s a strange smell. Some vehicles have an odour that comes from the air conditioner. It may smell like mildew, or something else, but it’s actually an unpleasant odour. If you have something like a mildew smell coming from your car air conditioner, you could have mould or fungus that is growing around or in your unit. This common problem can be taken care of with a professional repair.
3. It’s noisy. If your air conditioner is noisy there could be several problems that are causing it, ranging from the hoses to the compressor. The only way to know what it is and remedy it is to have it looked at by a professional.
*Terms and conditions apply. Excludes Econo Service.